Where can I buy about 100 ball bearings?

But a very small black powder cannon.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

So does that mean they no longer export to the UK either?

(which must surely be much more complex than shipping to Canada!)

Reply to
Martin Evans

I work for Motion Industries. Send me a note and let me know if you did not find your ball bearings. We have them and I will ship them to you. You can pay me via my Pay Pal account. snipped-for-privacy@metrocast.net

Reply to
qgolden

McMaster ships thousands of orders a day and with their picking/shipping system I bet the average time to pick, pack and ship is under 10 minutes. I can place an order at 8:30AM and it will be here before noon and I am at least 2 hours away from their warehouse. Filling out the paperwork for export would put a big kink in their system and probably cost more than their profit on a small order. Also unless it is "local" like me McMaster ships UPS and UPS charges extra to hand the paperwork to Canadian customs.

I thought NAFTA was supposed to eliminate that but it looks like NAFTA may be a one way street. You wouldn't believe what I have to do to ship an anchor to Mexico.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I've bought from here:

was happy with the purchase, very prompt. Ships worldwide.

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

Yellow Pages. Look under "bearings" Phone and ask what bearing balls are worth in the size you need.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Ya think?

Everybody in Canada and Mexico got that figured out back while the talks were still going on. NAFTA was and is largely about getting access to markets for American companies. Most of the commodities that ship unimpeded are stuff owned by multinationals, many US based, that wished to be able to do so without impediment.

This is the root of the sad assed joke that has been the battle over softwood lumber tarrifs into the US from Canada. Most of the lumber is being shipped by American owned mills, to the US, the tarrifs are applied, then the American consumer gets screwed for the additional costs.

And I can buy US cut and milled lumber at the hardware store for less than the local stuff costs. :-/

All this so called security crap is not helping things at all either.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Yanno, aren't the Canuckistanian authorities going to get more than a little annoyed when they read something like that? One of their fine upstanding citizens making improvised [GASP!] Firearms??

Get your affairs in order, the RCMP will be along in a few hours... Oops, better slip out the back way. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Extreme xenophobia, and all this crap about the "insecure" Canadian border isn't helping. I have a LOT more problem getting back into Canada than I do getting out of Canada into the USA - The US side is a bad joke .

Also, there is no such thing as an equal partnership between an elephant and a mouse. When the elephant holds all the cards (and generally it does), the mouse gets shat upon.

Anyone need a couple tons of elephant crap????

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Perhaps thats why Canada has sent us terrorists loaded down with explosives.

Sure. When the Big 3 shut down all the Canadian auto plants and support structure..you can use it to grow enough rape seed to make diesel out of so you wont have to sit in the growing dark

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

If Canada wanted to send you some headaches, it'd be a pile of yahoos looking for cheap beer and warm winters on pogey. Sorta like tourists, but they'd never leave. Gunner, of all the guys around here, I'd have expected you to at least stick to the facts. In the case of the meatsacks that go into the states with ill intent, Canada isn't sending them, they are just passing through, and not welcome here either.

Strangely, the border controls to the north, are working about as well as the ones to the south of the US. Sorta like gun laws. They are only slowing down the law abiding. Our controls are screwed even worse than yours, on the incoming side, but the fact is, these are people that will get in one way or the other.

More of those aforementioned American (or used to be) owned multinationals, to whom borders are a mere inconvenience. Doesn't matter to them in the end, though, as the consumer eats it when all is said and done. As to the growing dark. A lot of the electricity that kept CA lit a while back when brownouts and blackout were being discussed came out of British Columbia hydro-electric plants. I saw numbers that related the value of a meter of water on the BC side of the border (1 meter on all the producing dams) being worth about a million dollars US in electricity. There was a lot of emphasis at the time on keeping the lines up and running power through them.

Cheers Trevor Jones In sunny Northern Alberta. Wher the oil is pumped out of the ground, and sold to us at the same price as it costs on the other side of the world :-/

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Don't worry, you guys are sitting on all that oil sand. I have a feeling that after the Shrubbie totally screws up the middle east we will be seeing you Canucks in a different light. :-) You may have to buy a burnoose and get better at taking baksheesh in order to make the oil execs feel more comfortable though.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Then you are claiming your internal and border security sucks?

Of course.

Of course. And tweaking your nose is fun.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Trevor , you forgot to mention that the US utilities tried to do the equivalent of eating and running by not paying for the power. Even after several judgments stating that they need to pay they failed to pay what is owed. Inaddition they dragged B.C. Hydro litigation after litigation with legal costs of well over $100K per month. The last time I asked a Hydro executive member about the case he indicated about 2 million in costs and doubted that we would receive 1/2 the amount owed, kinda like going to Morton's Steakhouse and ordering their best Porter House steak for everyone in California and then after it is eaten wanting to pay for a single cheese burger from Mac Donald's. (BTW they knew that Mac Donald's was out of hamburger the day they purposely ordered at Morton's.)

Everyone seems to have forgotten that B.C. Hydro always has been a net importer of electricity, we have a hydro system that allows storage of water to generate for peak loads, we make profit by buying low off peak and selling at a profit during peak. As for your other comments about NAFTA you are right on the mark, if the USA doesn't like it they surcharge , we take them to court , they loose , they don't abide by the ruling , they try to bully a settlement and then complain that the mouse ( Canada) is beating up the elephant ( USA).

You know it is funny we never hear about all the relief and support Canada sends to the USA, just about some slim balls that their immigration allowed into the USA and that they trained as pilots! We at least had high enough standards that those that tried to get instruction in Canada were denied.

If you need additional examples consider the AutoPac agreement, Avro Arrow, West Coast Ship Builders Agreement, WestCoast Transmission Pipe Line agreement that fixes natural gas prices for BC residents based on the USA price at the Sumas regulator station not to mention the softwood fiasco plus a horde of others.

I wonder if the fella that started this thread ever got his bearings??

Regards, Pete

Reply to
Pete

Top posted

This is yet another example of a rapidly increasing socio-economic systemic/pandemic situation in the United States. As you observe "getting it in writing," "signed in ink," and "by a corporate officer," now means nothing. Entire industries have grown up to facilitate "welshing on the deal," from labor contracts to bonds.

As in most degeneracy/vice problems, this started at the top and is working its way down the food chain. What is trickling down is not prosperity but "revokes."

A "tipping" point is close when it becomes common knowledge that contracts and promises mean nothing, and that you will not be "respected in the morning." This will have a devastating impact on trade, commerce, general social activity, and even public safety. For example, is California going to be able to buy any power to help meet their surge demand because of the "heat wave?"

===================

Unka George (George McDuffee)

...and at the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: ?A Fool lies here, who tried to hustle the East.?

Rudyard Kipling The Naulahka, ch. 5, heading (1892).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

George the answer to your question is yes, B.C. will sell power to the US again and once again on a kiss and a promise because we're nice and we don't want the "Terminators'" ice cream to melt..

Pete

Reply to
Pete

As much as yours does.

Last I checked, there were damn few controls anywhere in the so called free parts of the world on who LEAVES a country. It pretty much becomes an issue of controlling who gets in if it causes concern. You could talk to a polititian about a few more immigration guys at the borders, maybe?

Yeah. :-)

Same. Nothing else to do.

At least the Mexicans don't like cold winters, or we'd be overrun with them too.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Makes a guy wonder how many times of getting screwed it takes for the suppliers to decide that they would be better off in another business and cut the supply lines off.

Recycle a few miles of cable, and the steel from a few dozen towers, and route production into domestic use is always an option for BC Hydro. They have not yet been bought out by anyone that I know of yet, so that is always an option. They could always stockpile a little bauxite and process aluminum with the water that they cannot afford to hold behind a dam. I'm sure there are other profitable ways to put "surplus" sources to work, without looking at exporting the electricity direct. Things that you could at least send a repo man for, if they were not paid, or that you could hold pending cash settlement.

Despite the state of energy in Canada, there were rolling blackouts in some areas in Alberta last week. Pretty much a deal of some different things all happening at once, and a decision had to be made. Much crap being raised over it by the offended masses that think it should not have happened to them, of course.

I find it really kind of strange to consider how much us/them crap still gets foisted off on the public re: cross border issues, when we are tied so closely together in so much infrastructure (electricity, water, oil, natural gas, for a few).

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

The big question you missed..is that a guy, with a vehicle loaded with explosives came from Canada. How did he manage to do that?

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

I know, I know...(waving hand in air)...!

Immigration and the Border Patrol both were asleep, and not paying attention to who carries what into your country! :-)

More realisticly, the guy drove up to a checkpoint, lied about his intentions, and was waved through on the strength of his (worthless) word. As to how those explosives were sourced. Same way the good ol' boys in Montana and any number of other places get them. Buy them from someone that stole them, or make them themselves.

If either of our countries ever figured out a way to actually get control of what comes and goes across borders, it would spell the end to illegal immigration, the drug trade, and a whole lot of other jobs out there. Figure the odds. I figure slim ones.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones