where to buy a new 3 jaw chuck?

who has good/fair prices for new 3 jaw chucks for 10" logan?

I know e bay is a source but would rather buy from a known company?

I looked at ENCO tools and Rutland. Any ideas?

Thanks Jon

Reply to
msmeads2

ipstool.com - look about halfway down this page

I have their 6" 3-jaw, it seems well made to me. I use it a lot.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I saw your other thread and I have bought 2 Bison 160mm chucks and a

160mm TOS chuck from J&L when on sale and like the others have been very happy with them. I am in the UK and bought from the UK side but J&L is a US company AFAIK, in the UK at least they seem to have frequent sales and discounts. Look around as it seems over here that if you buy a chuck requiring a chuck mounting plate the plate can cost as much if not more than the chuck.
Reply to
David Billington

You could try New England Brass and Tool. That is where I got the 6.25" 3-jaw for my 12x24" Clausing.

Note that some chucks will require purchasing a separate adaptor plate, while others appear to be available with threaded in your size.

Here is what appears to be the right size for your lathe:

Part # Dia spind thd Price 7-805-0552 5 inch 1-1/2"x8 280.

Talk to them by phone to make sure that is what and all that you need. Also check whether it is two-piece jaws. You may need to buy one with separate backplate to get two-piece jaws.

You can also meet them at the Cabin Fever -- which is either soon, or was last weekend. :-)

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Damn, chucks have gone up a lot since last I shopped for them!

Reply to
Rex

--Bite the bullet and buy a Buck Adjust-Tru 6-jaw; you'll be glad you did. I've had one on my Myford for 2-1/2 decades and it's the best..

Reply to
steamer

Come to think of it, I have about seven chucks all of which have a 1.5-8 thread. Some are real nice. If the OP wants to communicate about a potential sale, go get my email address at

and email me offline.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I've bought several Bison 6" 6-jaw chucks from MSC

they are used for everything from holding cyclindrical stuff on a cnc mill to cnc turning up thru 3000rpm.

I love em

Reply to
Jon