Where to get decent snap-ring pliers

I'm am heartily sick of cheap snap-ring pliers. Can anyone tell me of a decent brand?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Jim Stewart wrote in news:T_GdnWQEzLQZaGLenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Try the SK model 7655 convertable. Or KD International Model KD 455 and KD

456.

SK has lots more models than just that one, as does KD Int. They range from cheapies you won't be happy with to some pretty nice ones. I have an ancient INt/Ext. set of KD's that my dad gave me over 25 years ago, and they were old then. Still work just fine.

Reply to
D Murphy

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:13:24 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim Stewart quickly quoth:

I had a few KD tip-holddowns break on me (yes, I abused them on occasion) but the Snap-On pliers are still going. Both are decent brands. The KDs had multiple replaceable tip sets, a nice option.

- Woodworkers of the world, Repent! Repeat after me: "Forgive Me Father, For I Have Stained and Polyed."

-

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks Dan and Larry. I bought a Snap-on set on ebay.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Im following this thread with interest as I use snap ring pliers at least once a week repairing machine tools. And the Harbor Freight ones are weak and soft for commercial use. I had a Channel Lock set that I really liked, that went west with the theif that busted into my truck in 2000.

Ive looked over ebay..and the good ones are too exensive for me at present, so I think its time to start hitting the swap meets again for hand tools.

While nice..I really dont need all the tip assortments. Most of my ID/OD rings are easily acessable and I dont mind carrying a couple or

4 different types/sizes

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

What's that Lassie? You say that Gunner fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:10:01 GMT:

I like to get a few pairs of cheap needle nose pliers at the dollar store and grind the tips to fit snap rings. You can heat and bend them too, if you need to get into tight places.

Dan H.

Reply to
dan

snap on.

i'm sure mac is good also.

universal joints for ratchet extensions and snap ring pliers I buy from the magic tool trucks.

Reply to
Doug

I can tell you where not to buy them...Harbor Freight!

KD used to make a decent set at one time. I have not seen that brand in years so I do not know if it even exists anymore.

Reply to
~Roy~

snipped-for-privacy@postmail.net (~Roy~) wrote in news:44020737.5221023 @news.east.earthlink.net:

Still make cheap to expensive models.