wieght of Mazak M4

I need to know how much a Mazak M4 weighs: http://www.usedmachineryauctions.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?usedmachinery32/152
Anyway to know for sure? Or iggy, what do you think?
Karl

http://www.usedmachineryauctions.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?usedmachinery32/1 52

1) Engage brain
2) Call Mazak

i would say 11,500 lbs
On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:09:26 -0500, Ignoramus25433

I like your answer, not BQ340s. We have a 12,000 fork truck to unload.
I already own this lathe. My guess is we can get this broke one for $1. But looks like $1500 to deliver. My son and I discussed it and decided not to use my 24,000 lb. rated trailer. The truck weighs 8, the trailer 5, the lathe 12 = 25,000. The wheels would take it and I'd do it for a short haul. But this is a six plus hour run IF you went 60. More likely I'd do 35 on the way back. And be FUBAR if something went wrong.
Karl
Karl Townsend wrote:

Remember to take into account the CG rating of the forklift. I believe most are rated for CG 24" out on the forks and most big machines will have the CG well past that even if they meet the total weight rating. This is of course a tipping hazard unless you can hang more counterweight on the back of the forklift.

Tipping is not a big deal if you are smart about it. Just keep the load close to the ground.

Another trick that helps if its right on the edge is to JUST use the lift for lifting. Pull the trailer out from underneath, and lower the load after the trailer is out of the way. Still if its not where you want it you have to go from there. I've loaded and unloaded scissor lifts with dead batteries that way.

Yes, exactly. Tipping is a big danger mostly if you pull stuff out of holes.
Plus you can have a spotter person looking at the rear of the forklift to see if it starts to "play".

Add a counterweight to your fork truck if necessary.

It has a $1,600 minimum scrap value. I guess it can easily go for $400, considering loading fee and value of Fanuc boards and such.

What truck do you have? If a 3/4 pickup, with trans cooler, you can probably go 45.
What truck do you have? If a 3/4 pickup, with trans cooler, you can probably go 45.
One ton, Ford 350, with manual tranny. 460 gas. Passes everything but a gas station.
I've had TROUBLE with huge loads. Going to pass on this one. its just too far.
Karl
On 3/10/2014 12:57 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

How accurate do you need? This page sez Approx. Weight: 15,000 Lbs
http://omnimachinetoolcorp.com/inv453.htm
MikeB
--
Email is valid

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 20:14:58 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

In the arithmetic below, by "truck" do you mean a 12000-pound-capacity fork lift, which you are going to take along on the trip for loading and unloading? If that's the case, it might be better to rent a fork lift at the other end, probably under $100 for a half-day rental. Renting would get rid of the trailer capacity problem. Gas cost savings might be noticeable too.

--
jiw

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:57:33 -0500, Karl Townsend

https://www.mazakusa.com/
"M4" and "M4 weight" come up empty in the search, so you might call and ask them, Karl.
Mazak Corporation Headquarters
8025 Production Drive P.O. Box 970 Florence, KY 41042
Phone: (859) 342-1700
--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
On 3/10/2014 12:57, Karl Townsend wrote:

Gonna need two fork lifts. CG is going to be just to the right of the chuck, and there are no lift points there, except the bed, which will probably not hold the weight without severe stress.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@frontierbrain.com (remove brain when replying)

Lift it with chains, tied to chuck and a point on the bed.