GLOAT great auction day

I feel like gloating, haven't had this good of auction day in quite a while:

I got this weed badger for speculation only. New ones are $6K.

Tractor air compressor for pruning, mine is shot after only 30 years of use. Not sure of a new price for this, probably $2K.

I bought this mower mostly for speculation or spare parts. A new one goes for $5K. Anyone with a GREAT memory knows I rebuilt mine this summer. Wish this had come up before my old one died. Again, after only 30 years of hard use.

Now i got enough work for winter, like I was worried about not finding something to do in the shop.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Congratulations. Great buys.

I just spent $23,400 in an auction today also. Scary

Ignoramus4784

Was that for 70 screw machines?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

No, about 50 welders, a giant CNC O/A torch, and a bazillion of other things.

Ignoramus4784

It's only too bad you didn't end up giving Iggy-type, super-low bids

-and- winning all the auctions.

Congrats. You suck.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yabbut, what'd you end up with? The entire Russian Air Force's Attack Helicopter Reserve unit and 6 years worth of fuel for it?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Several dozen welders, CNC oxyfuel cutting system, lots of hand tools, etc.

Ignoramus4784

Damn, and here I thought I might be able to get my own fully-stocked Mi-24 at threadbare pricing, too... I don't even want to think what it would cost to fly that thing home, though.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My lumber/block supplier in Amish land has a MiG 25 in his parking lot.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Take the wings and tail off and it'll ship easily.

Reply to
Tom Gardner