mother's day gloat

Don't know if I'm a good hubby or not. I bought Milday a floor scrubber for mother's day:

My son works for Tennant, maker of this machine. We'll fix it up just like new. Now, she'll be able to keep the shop floor scrubbed nice and clean

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ah, with most wives, including mine, that will only work as a Mother's Day present if you give her a card that says you're promising to run it. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I usually rent something like that every few years or so--our basement floor is about 3500 sf, with much of it covered in the 12 x 12 Armstrong Excelon ( vinyl comp ).

The worst part isn't the polishing-it's picking up the stripper.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Yep, this isn't for home use. We scrub the packing shed twice a week during harvest. The advance unit we have is TOTALLY shot. But we will also use it to do the shops, garage, and basement.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I haven't picked up a stripper since I was in my early 20s. I think I'd find it pretty exhausting now....

Reply to
Ed Huntress

My Dad bought Mom a set of tires for her car for Mother's Day once. And ONLY once. lol....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

The first time I used a wet-vac, my trainer had neglected to remind me to take out the bag.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Reminds me of a story an aquaintence once told me--but as it turned out, "she" was actually a "he"....

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

That can come as a surprise I've never had the misfortune to experience...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It was nice knowing you Karl. ;)

Reply to
Wes

Since I've met both of you, all I can say is that you can't outrun her! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You better have the little box with the jewelery in your pocket as a backup plan...

Roger Shoaf

Reply to
RS at work

Let's just hope she hasn't been talking to Lorena recently...

-- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings. -- Helen Keller

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Maybe Julie will get really excited now. I just spotted a 24 volt charger at auction. I'm high bidder at $28 right now. The kid and I should have this machine running like new for about $600. These things go for about $6K.

Just to cover myself, I think a mother's day brunch and flowers are still in order.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

So you're not going to give it to Julie, but sell it to a local commercial office cleaning company, right? RIGHT?

You Betcha! Those may preclude the Bobbitting, anyway. G'luck!

-- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques