Wire labeling

That's how it usually works for me, too.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

DoN. Nichols wrote: they had a machine which you could run the wire

Wire ID every 6 inches is still required for (some) military aircraft. The wire has Tefzel insulation, so hot stamping is about the only thing that works. The manual machines are a pain to set up (you must assemble a stamp from type for every wire).

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

There are zip ties with little white flags on 'em for writing labels. Plus you have the option of labeling entire groups of wires. I think MSC has 'em, plus most electrical supply places.

Reply to
B.B.

Of all wires that I am wiring, only a few would be positive or negative. The other ones would go to thyristor gates or to sensors, thermostat etc.

Reply to
Ignoramus21474