Worm gear fabrication help please

Hello to all. I just found this group and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a worm gear with the teeth on one side worn that I need to have reproduced. It has an O.D. of about 2-1/4". It's for the rotation on a telsta boom (part from the gearbox). I'd also be interested in a replacement gearbox instead if you have it but that's a longshot. In case it matters, I'm in NJ 08344.

If anyone can help, please email me at:

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Thanks either way, Barb

Reply to
<vanbar6

You can try mcmasters:

Wes

Reply to
clutch

slm

Reply to
çiçekçi ümi

Suggest you try fixing it like I did:

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Try this outfit:

freemab222

Uh... rotation on a Telsta boom should have given you wear on BOTH sides of the teeth, as the boom should rotate both directions. If the wear is only on one side - can the gear be "flipped" to start taking wear on the other side? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

You dont have a mill?

Shit.

Pass em on when they arrive along with your plasma stuff.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Have you tried these people?

starbolin

Reply to
starbolins

Yeah, tried them. Still waiting for a reply.

Can't flip it either. The side I'm referring to is refferring to the whole side of the gear (like left or right) The teeth on the side are worn down to no teeth at all. Plus it has a hub so it only works the one way.

I never thought it would be this difficult to get such a tiny part!

Thanks again, Barb

Reply to
<vanbar6

Greetings Barb, Since so many teeth are gone you really do need a new gear. Assuming you can't buy one do you have any access to machine tools? If you do then you can generate your own gear. Making your own gear may entail making a new worm too. Anyway, it can all be done on a lathe. Let us know

Reply to
Eric R Snow

No, no access or experience in that area. My hobby is arcade pinball & video games and old penny arcade stuff. The motor that's driving the gearbox is from Boston gear. The specs witten on it are:

Frame: 56C SER: W1186

1/3 HP Volts: 208-230/460 Amps: 1.5-1.4/.7 RPM 1725 HZ: 60 SER. F. 1.00 Des: B Code: K Cat # EUB-B-SP-TELSTA Full load EFF: 70% PF: 64%

Thanks, Barb

Reply to
<vanbar6