Worm gear fabrication help please

Hello to all. I just found this group and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a worm gear with the teeth on one side worn that I need to have
reproduced. It has an O.D. of about 2-1/4". It's for the rotation on a telsta boom (part from the gearbox). I'd also be interested in a replacement gearbox instead if you have it but that's a longshot. In case it matters, I'm in NJ 08344.
If anyone can help, please email me at:
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Thanks either way, Barb
--

Please visit us at:

www.testprepnj.com
βœ–

You can try mcmasters: http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage.aspx?ReqTypΚTALOG&CtlgPgNbr14&term=Worm%2bGears&sesnextrepa7649427267950&ScreenWidth80&McMMainWidth56
http://tinyurl.com/2f7uhd
Wes
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Suggest you try fixing it like I did: http://www.tinyisland.com/gearfix.html
GWE

βœ–
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:44:18 -0700, Grant Erwin

You dont have a mill?
Shit.
Pass em on when they arrive along with your plasma stuff.
Gunner
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham
Add pictures here
βœ–

Try this outfit: http://www.rushgears.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

Uh... rotation on a Telsta boom should have given you wear on BOTH sides of the teeth, as the boom should rotate both directions. If the wear is only on one side - can the gear be "flipped" to start taking wear on the other side? Ken.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Have you tried these people?
http://www.alasher.com/partsservice.html
starbolin
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yeah, tried them. Still waiting for a reply.
Can't flip it either. The side I'm referring to is refferring to the whole side of the gear (like left or right) The teeth on the side are worn down to no teeth at all. Plus it has a hub so it only works the one way.
I never thought it would be this difficult to get such a tiny part!
Thanks again, Barb
--

Please visit us at:

www.testprepnj.com
βœ–

Greetings Barb, Since so many teeth are gone you really do need a new gear. Assuming you can't buy one do you have any access to machine tools? If you do then you can generate your own gear. Making your own gear may entail making a new worm too. Anyway, it can all be done on a lathe. Let us know
Add pictures here
βœ–
No, no access or experience in that area. My hobby is arcade pinball & video games and old penny arcade stuff. The motor that's driving the gearbox is from Boston gear. The specs witten on it are:
Frame: 56C SER: W1186 1/3 HP Volts: 208-230/460 Amps: 1.5-1.4/.7 RPM 1725 HZ: 60 SER. F. 1.00 Des: B Code: K Cat # EUB-B-SP-TELSTA Full load EFF: 70% PF: 64%
Thanks, Barb
--

Please visit us at:

www.testprepnj.com