Worn keyway

I fully agree with you but I don't maintain that laundromat.

I have completely different standards for home and commercial projects. Non-critical projects are sometimes patched together by whatever cheap means are at hand, cases where I depend on the results to keep my job or maintain my car and house are done right, bearing the cost as insurance.

The grey area is making a quick temporary fix to keep a production line running until the right parts arrive, or a similarly crude fix to a seldom-used test fixture that will never be redone properly later. Then it's a judgement call on whether I take too long to do it now or risk being yanked off an important project to fix it again later.

In this case the OP's serious problem is merely an intellectual challenge for us. I try not to assert that a certain fix WILL work, instead only make relatively vague suggestions to widen the range of choices.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

The RCM group is definitely a good place for repair-type suggestions and recommendations, that's for sure.

Sometimes the response is smack ones' self in the forehead, 'cause the suggestion was so simple and effective, kind of a "can't see the forest, for the trees" type of block.

I expect that the OP/smartin has completed a repair by now, and waiting to see if the effort proves to be durable enough.

Reply to
Wild_Bill