wtb "machine tool reconditioning" book

looking for this book has been difficult i only can find it at biax for an inflated prce of $200. any other source out there

Asp3211968 wrote:

It is advertised in the back of Home Shop Machinist at $92.50 per copy. I got mine at $62.50, I think, and I'm not selling mine!
Jon
were for 62 or how long ago.
There's one here for $92.50: http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=%22machine+tool+reconditioning%22&submit gin+Search&new_used=*&currency=USD&modesic&st=sr&ac=qr
In the latest issue (November/December 2003) of "The Home Shop Machinist" an advertiser has the book for $92.95 plus $6.75 postage and handling. The author is Edward F. Connelly. It also says mention the ad or send a copy of the ad with order and get free shipping. Machine Tool Publications, 935 Holley Avenue, St Paul Park, MN 55071 (651) 458-1540 (ask for Dan, it says).
The value of this book is severalfold. Chiefly, it is *the* reference on how to use the art of scraping to restore surfaces on machine tools. This is good to know and interesting to read about, but essentially useless to anyone like me who isn't going to develop years to become a machine scraper. However, what I find the most useful area of this book is its detailed setups as to how to test a lathe or mill. How do you know if a lathe is within spec? You run the tests in "Machine Tool Reconditioning". The setups run from basic and simple to exotic (troughs of water and such).
I recommend checking this book out of your library. I used to do that. After about the fifth time I checked it out, I decided to own it. - GWE
Dave Young wrote:

On 31 Dec 2003 22:30:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Asp3211968) wrote:

I had my local library get a copy for me via inter-library loan. I then photocopied the more interesting parts for personal use.
Jack
www.powells.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Asp3211968) wrote in message

On 31 Dec 2003 22:30:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Asp3211968) brought forth from the murky depths:

http://www.google.com/search?q=machine+tool+reconditioning+book
Yahoo groups says it's about scraping alone, so don't be disappointed if it's not what you expect.
It's $92 brand new from Powells. <http://www.powells.com/search/DTSearch/search?kw=Machine+Tool+Reconditioning&pokey=skeptopotamus&Search.xC&Search.y >
Hey, HURRY ON THIS ONE if you want it for five bucks: http://www.craigslist.org/pen/bks/21459122.html
Google is your friend. Learn to use it!
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!