www: HF owner's manuals archived; URL formula

Hee hee!

What fun.

I needed a manual for my 47802 Power Pack from Harbor Freight so I cobbled the URL and bypassed the web site's notice that "This item is discontinued. No further information is available."

See the structure? They have 1000 slots 000-999 in each directory under "manuals", then the item number "dot PDF".

Whee!

Doug Goncz Replikon Research Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

(Don't let 'em find out!)

Reply to
DGoncz

You are getting something out of a store that helps put Americans out of work. And you are thrilled about that.

flpi141.ffdc.sbc.com!flpi088.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.com!flpi089.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!news-out.readnews.com!transit3.readnews.com!postnews.google.com!y29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

posting-account=F6R-HQoAAAAJiNZeUXeFdyS-RbeTtMwd

Tablet PC 1.7; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

Reply to
John Doe

Doug, Now THAT is a public service! Thanks! V

Reply to
Vernon

Sounds more to me like he's doing an end run around their unwillingness to help maintain older machinery - likely in an attempt to get him (or you , or me ...) to buy new because "that one is too old , can't be fixed" . I'd do it too , rather than buy a new machine .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Shopped much lately? Even Vise Grips are going to be made in China.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Yes, like the sun puts candlemakers out of work [Bastiat].

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

And did you notice that even the top-of-the-line Victor torches and regulators will now be made overseas?

Grant

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Grant Erwin

I am getting something FOR FREE from a store that helps put Americans out of work, and I am keeping IN SERVICE an item from that store instead of buying new. The pack came off charge just today and I wouldn't have been able to keep it in service wtihout the manual.

Remember, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Doug

Reply to
DGoncz

IF you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you

would have $49.00 left.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles a year..

Another study found Americans drink, on the average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon. Makes You Proud To Be An American!

Reply to
cavelamb himself