Yet another chain saw question

This world would be a wonderful place if it wasn't for all the people. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

A good friend of mine and I was pounding green sand making a shape and forgot the furnace was heating AL-Mag from a foreign car engine and it got to hot and was white hot! It burnt through my Stainless steel cup. I was able to dig a hole and plant the white hot pot into it to cool off by itself. Metal ran out of the bottom of the furnace. We melted again and did so so on the project.

Mart> >> ...

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Really? I was unaware of this. Thanks!

That explains much!

Good saws. I missed one a few years ago at a yard sale.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I used Stihl for year when I was cutting and selling firewood. At that time Husky still made a good saw as well. Now, unless you buy the commercial models they have made some of them so cheap they last a year or so.

Most of mine get used now for fire and rescue work. I like the fact that I can go out, flip the switch, choke and pull the rope at most twice and have a running saw. Of course I also dump the gas out every month and refill with new gas with Stabil in it. Keeps them in good shape. The only catch is that I will not loan out my saws to ANYONE. I go with them. Two reasons for that. Most folks who use saws don't use the type of chain I use. The stuff I use is VERY aggressive and has no safety features other than being SHARP. If it does kick back the damage will probably be major, but at least it will have a nice clean edge ;-) Second is that a good saw is not cheap.

Reply to
Steve W.