Yuasa Speeder

I recently acquired a Yuasa spindle speed multiplier with a straight shank. Woo! Hoo! The seller had said it had a 3/4 shank, and I already had a cou ple 3/4 Kwik 200 holders. Alas! As soon as I opened the box I knew the se ller didn't own a caliper.... or even a ruler. LOL.

I had to chase down a 1" holder for the Hurco, but now I have the ability t o turn upto 10,000 RPM. Knowing these speeders are hard to find, and new o nes are expensive I want to take care of it. There is nothing in the box r esembling documentation, so I was wondering about lubrication, bearing repl acement (if needed), other service, power handling capability, etc.

Anybody have good direct knowledge of these or even a manual they could sca n and forward? Be willing to share?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Even just a decent recommended service and interval would be appreciated.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

might be a good place to look / contact.

Reply to
Pete C.

I just wanted to say congratulations, this one thing will expand your mill's capabilities by so much! I am also looking for one.

Reply to
Ignoramus14868

They sent me scans of original documentation. I've had such poor luck at getting documentation on older equipment from the original companies the last few times I've tried that I hadn't even tried until you suggested it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This is because of corporate acquisition carnage. I hate it.

Ignoramus20041

I just got some new goodies, including a '40s vintage Norton 6x18 surface grinder (hydraulic traverse and cross feed). A quick search online found the company that acquired the Norton grinder line, and they have scans of the owners and parts manuals online for downloading. I similarly found that Kohler has the manuals for 30+ year old engines all scanned and will send you the links to download them if you email. Some companies still support old stuff, and we should do what we can to support them.

Reply to
Pete C.

Clausing is one of them.

Ignoramus20041

Speaking of "Supporting companies who still support Old Stuff" - has anyone heard from Scott Logan lately?

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

Add Fischer-Precise to the list. One of the goodies I got over the weekend is a Precise S 65 high speed spindle. I emailed them requesting any manuals or documentation on this older but nice unit before heading out to lunch, an hour and a half later I get an email with a copy of the manual for the spindle and other info. Very nice :)

The S 65 is a very nice high speed grinding / milling spindle, up to

45,000 RPM. I think this will work very nicely with a clamp on bracket to hang it from the L320 quill and take care of my needs for higher than the 4,500 RPM the mill spindle does.
Reply to
Pete C.

He posted to the Yahoo lathe-list Saturday, May 25. And he sure is the poster boy for supporting old stuff.

Reply to
rangerssuck