Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Engine advice
As the Tappet Brothers are on vacation for the summer I come to you with a problem. #2 daughter called the other day to report her car overheated and stalled. Dutiful dad fills a few milk jugs with...
14
14

Factory Tours
A recurring topic here is what is available to see at different locations while travelling. While at the library, I ran across a book which might help. Company Museums, Industry Museums. and...
7
7

GLOAT and what's P20 tool steel
I just bought the entire tool steel inventory at a mold making shop auction. 1000 lbs. of 4140, A2, D2, H13, S7, 420 stainless, O1, W1 and P20. Also about 2000 lbs. of 1018 and Cold Rolled and 1000...
6
6

Lathe drip tray slope angle?
My first post to the group. I'm about to install my first lathe at home (not counting the little Unimat). It's a pre-1950 Myford ML7 3 1/2" x 19" with cabinet stand and drip tray. It doesn't have a...
2
2

WTB: Rockwell Delta Toolmaker grinder parts
Picked up a pretty decent Rockwell Delta Toolmaker grinder this weekend in an auction lot that is short one minor detail. The table is missing! Tried a few of the east coast HSM type dealers this...
1
1

Mini Digger or Digger Model
Anyone got AutoCad drawings? Or solidworks Model of a Digger, or excavator, as the similar one below? after making a scale model. ones a volvo excavation digger, after a model of anything like. Thanks...
6
6

Restoring/cleaning a bevel protractor
Hi all, I have just purchased a Moore & Wright No. 994 bevel protractor at a car boot sale. ( I had better explain - in the UK a car boot (trunk) sale is where people gather in a designated field or...
8
8

604 metal shop question
i want to open my own metal fabrication shop where can i buy some cheap equipment? thanks for any replies Roman.
4
4

OT: Boat Bimini Top Project Update
I have finished the Bimini top portion and fitted it to the MaXum. Updates on my website: in the cellar -------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page: If you're not the lead...

Wiring my new 220 stick welder in my shop
This past weekend I purchased a new AC/DC 220 volt stick welder for my shop. I plan on installing a 50 amp breaker in my box and establish an outlet for the welder. I purchased 8/2 wire to make a long...
8
8

Source for oddball tap? 3/8-20 LH
After much catalog browsing and Googling I'm yelling 'Uncle' Does anyone know a source for hand taper taps in 3/8-20 Left Hand? HSS preferred. Fred
9
9

where to find a rectangular cube for casting ?
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about where to find a approx. 10" h x 5" w x 4" deep solid cube (no lines) so I can make a mold of it and cast resins or whatever into it ?? The only thing I...
6
6

Reshaping an aluminum drain pan - anneal first? Suggestions please
I need to modify a round AL drain pan as used under a hot water tank for my rent house (code requirement). Due to space limitations (the entire house is only 600 sq ft), I need something that is oval...
3
3

New casting group
Hi everyone. I just wanted to invite anyone who has an interest in casting to our new group. This group was started by Clint Driggars in response to a course change at Hobbicast. What once was a free...

Iron Fever - NEW Model Engineering Expo
Many of you may already know about this, but the Schoenly's, organizers of Cabin Fever have started *TWO* new Model Engineering Expositions. The first of these, Iron Fever, will be held in York,...