Subject Author Posted Replies

Finite Element Analysis - Poisson's Ratio 0 to 0.49 - on my fillet weld strength test
Hi there You are a bunch of bright folk who have got amazingly deeply involved in a lot of things. I recently did some FEA (Finite Element Analysis modelling) on a real physical mechanical test I...
45
45

Dalton Lathe.
Hi, is this group still active? I have recently been given a Dalton Lathe and would like to learn more about them. Hope to hear from someone, Rob in NC.
4
4

Video Versus the Hood
I've got four autodark welding hoods, and one with a fixed #10 lens (might be #11 I forget). Two of them are fairly cheap and two are what I call 1st stage good. Not a top of the line, but first step...
3
3

Copper radiator core leak
Can I melt pure lead over the leak to fix the leaking core?

Dovetail Day !
Coming right along with the tool post build , and today I started cutting the dovetails .The ones on the post are a couple of thousandths different , but I don't think that's going to be a problem . I...
12
12

Ali GMAW - defect rates - spray, pulse
Posted in s.ej.w. primarily, due to content; but not much activity there, so putting plea here... Hi Plea for real experience information. Thicker Ali at above about 130A. Probably wire-feed-speed at...
34
34

QCTP
Got a set of plans from the Logan Lathe email list , looks like I'll soon be finding out if it's worth all the work . I started to make one several years ago , and it just wasn't coming together ....
7
7

sleeve
Splice Protection Sleeves at Low Price - Heat Shrinkable Protection Sleeves 60mm, Heat Shrinkable Protection Sleeves 40mm, 8F Ribbon Fiber Splice Protection Heat Shrinkable Sleeves 40mm, 2F Ribbon...

atlas 618 metal lathe for sale are you interested?
This is a restored Atlas 6" x 18" model 618 in very good condition. It comes with: text or whatsapp +14137589837

Use for a broken bandsaw blade??
Greetings all Whilst cleaning out yet another box/container marked "Stuff" I found that I have two "bits" of 1 inch band saw blade, about a foot and a half in length. Having seen videos on how to turn...
66
66

Chip cleanup
I've always hated cleaning up the chips and occasional long spirals after/during doing a project . Today I picked up a 3 gallon "shop vac" unit at WallyWorld , around 36 bucks , for just that task ....
5
5

motor starndards outside NA
Motors all seem to follow NEMA sizes and standards in North America. What are the standards outside the US? Do chinese and italian machinery use standardized motor mounts and sizes? It seems foreign...
5
5

ARTIST NEEDS HELP PLEASE
Hi all, I am creating a ceramic sculpture as illustrated. I need to know what metal rod I can use to run through the middle of it that will support it. It will be about 7 kilos in total weight ....

cleaning inside a hub dynamo
I really wanted that idea to work, but no luck. Even with a good disk seek magnet the debris stuck in the dynamo. I ended up dry wiping the surfaces to be glued and crossed my fingers. So far it looks...
3
3

Dense Magnetic Chuck?
I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is...