Subject Author Posted Replies

cleaning permanent magnets
I finally got the Shimano dynamo hub apart and sure enough, a magnet was loose, apparently lifted by rust forming between magnet and iron field ring. It isn't hard to sand the rust off the magnet and...
8
8

Shipping w/ McMaster-Carr
McMaster Carr is a fairly well known industrial vendor. They have a reputation for having everything.  They don't.  They have a LOT and often I look there when I can't find things elsewhere...

Connection Problem
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone in this group. I appreciate the opportunity to ask you for help. I have a Plasma Cam purchased in 2004. Original computer just died so went to...
6
6

Why choose enameled wire
Enameled wire is a main variety of winding wire. It consists of conductor and insulating layer. After the bare wire is softened by annealing, it is painted and baked many times. However, it is not...
4
4

36 mm 8 point box wrench
I'm likely to need a wrench similar to this: the 36 mm side) in the next week or two. They aren't readily available, at least in the USA. Can anybody think of a substitute that's close enough to be...
16
16

Krikit belt tension gauge
After replacing the alternator, its belt and the A/C idler+tensioner pulley on my car I used the old parts plus a digital crane scale and turnbuckle to set up a variable belt tension fixture to check...

Harmonic balancer
I didn't know they could fail until mine fell apart while removing the alternator, which I thought was defective. Is that a common problem? The rubber separated from the hub but was still a tight fit.
5
5

Tile Block Total parts weight
In the BOM I have weight of a part and the total number of the parts with a formula in the Total Weight to multiply both. This figure I would like to show in the Title Block. Whats the best way of...

Richard's Moment
So, Richard. Have you had the epiphany as to how to reconcile your differences with the world and move on? Curious what you decided if you have.
2
2

Help optimizing CNC lathe part
Esteemed RCM'ers: I'm designing a part that'll be produced on a CNC lathe and am looking for "design for manufacturing" help from anyone who has more knowledge of CNC lathes than I (that's about...
13
13

Flag pole wxtension
I have a homemade flagpole. 3” OD pipe. I want to extend it 8-10 feet. Can not take original one down. Want to add to top of it. Need sleeve or pipe that will fit into it. Any suggestions????

Suitable for a countershaft ?
I ordered a piece of O1 drill rod to make a spindle for a mower deck , and realized today it's the right diameter to make a new countershaft for my Logan lathe ! I bought new oilite bushings a while...
13
13

About that Holley carb ...
After exhausting every avenue locally , today I ordered one on eBay . I have one already , but everybody says that a 750CFM 4160 is just too much carb for a 305 small block GM motor even with the mods...
6
6

O/T - diesel car - "modern" car why extra 30+percent fuel consumption?
Hi all On this bright morning I thought to ask you here on r.c.m. if any of you know what makes the difference for a diesel car between very good fuel consumption and just good fuel consumption. The...
31
31

Way Oil
I've been using Mobile Vactra #2 Way oil for some years in the ways on all my machines. My primary vendors are out of stock, and even if it was in stock the price has doubled. Interestingly one of my...
1
1