Subject Author Posted Replies

Much Better
I know I am probably cursing us to a spate of hellscape of poltico-vulgar-pseudo-reilgious-nihilism posts. I have to say except for a couple long term trolls the group and the members who stuck it out...
1
1 month ago 1

Reverse D-bit ?
I'm going to be installing bushings for the primary throttle shaft on my Quadrajet carb , and have been pondering on how to accurately ream the worn bores so there is no binding . I was thinking about...
3
2 months ago 3

Thinking About Scrapping the Hurco Mill
I retrofit it, and I rebuilt it, and I repaired it many times. It still functions, but its in desperate need of repairs again. Both the X & Y have excessive backlash. The Y is just old and worn out,...
2
2 months ago 2

Solid Carbide Parting Blade
I've never been thrilled with the performance of HSS parting blades. Carbide inserts are decent, but the insert holders tend to be the failure point. I have scrap carbide. I could make a sort of...
2
2 months ago 2

Price of used Bonny Doon Deep Draw press
I have one to sell .. good condition , about ten years old . What is it worth
2 months ago

worm gear for carriage feed
Need a replacement worm gear that is driven by worm on feed rod, about 20DP and 1 1/8"PD, 3/4" face. Lathe says "manufactured for Honeoye Industries"
2 months ago

steel for rollers in a small benchtop rolling mill?
Greetings I have a small bench top rolling mill. Works fin as long as I don't over do it. But, the rollers are flat. I'd like to put a custom pattern (or two) on thin brass / copper stock which will...
38
2 months ago 38

How to build a steam locomotive
Construction - P2 Steam Locomotive Company
2 months ago

Indispensable, but ALWAYS IN THE WAY
No matter how large or small my shop space is always an issue. So what big in the way things do you have that you only use occasionally, but when you need them they are invaluable. For me there are a...
28
2 months ago 28

Ffestiniog Railway
Odd stuff here, two-headed steam locomotives and a rail car / boat: Episode 4. Welsh Highland Railway - Wikipedia List of Ffestiniog Railway rolling stock - Wikipedia Coastal Railways with Julie...
3
2 months ago 3

Are Ingersol Rand Compressors Actually Any Better ???
My main shop compressor motor smoked this morning. I figured I'd just pop over to Harbor Freight and pickup a 3HP Smith & Jones compressor duty motor. They don't have any. The compressor has a 3.7 (or...
10
2 months ago 10

Price of used Bonny Doon Deep Draw press
I have one to sell .. good condition , about ten years old . What is it worth
2 months ago

360mp power MIG TIG settings not responding to foot pedal control
When I set to TIG mode I can not access down slope control nor will my foot pedal adjust the amperage amount. I can either have full amperage setting with post flow or nothing When I set to TIG mode I...
1
2 months ago 1

McMaster-Carr is Awesome
I am not sure if it was in this group or another I read, but I recall somebody recalling being told by McMaster Carr to take their business exempt reseller/manufacturer status, but I filled out the...
4
2 months ago 4

Ali-GMAW property loss high currents?
Hi there. Ali Pulse GMAW... Tried posting first on s.e.j.w. but sadly have to accept that defunct now. So here - hope this is interesting for you. I'm trying to interpret. I tried fairly identical...
3
2 months ago 3