Subject Author Posted Replies

Padded Platen Part 2
I may still add a "soft" pad to the platen on a sander, but recently I order new bench top belt grinders. a 1x42 and a 1x30 similar to my Harbor freight one. Then when ordering some belts for the 1x42...
4
4

Best taps 2-56 sti & 4-40 sti for G11
What taps work best tapping 4-40 and 2-56 in G11 material. We have 1400 hole of each size to tap. Looks like Harvey Tools have a good drill for this. Just can't figure out the taps

There's stoves , and there's STOVES
And I have one of the latter in front of my shop for repairs . This thing weighs 440 lbs . It's a very nice stove - Harman TL200 - but it was ignored for several years . So ignored that they didn't...
1
1

Lathe Hendey machine 1902
LATHE HENDEY MACHINE CO 1902

"hobbyist" mine skip load in haulage shaft
Hello all Already got a challenge I'm looking at. Done webpage showing what I am looking at and conjecturing solutions "Skip load - Condurrow mine" More background on the mine "Condurrow mine" - has...
51
51

Need a little 'lectronics help
I picked up an overlock sewing machine for a VGP , but I suspect the control is dead . I'll keep looking for a wiring diagram for the motor just to be sure I don't let the magic smoke out while...
5
5

Tiny Dana air compressor repair
I've got a couple of little Dana 12 volt air compressors used to inflate tires. Photos are at of them has broken a plastic pulley and a few questions come to mind: First, does anybody recognize and/or...
22
22

The Truth About the 5HP IR 2 Stage 8 Gallon Compressor
In my opinion formed from direct experience and having read the opinions and experiences expressed by others - They over rated it, whored out their name, and made it as cheaply as possible to maximize...
7
7

Timing pulley terminology
Looking for a bit of instruction on timing pulley terminology. An otherwise-inidentifiable plastic pulley on a small air pump broke and it's somewhat difficult to search for replacements without...
6
6

I Collect Pulleys
Whenever I scrap a piece of equipment or appliance with pulleys I save them. I still never have the exact pulley I need for something. Well until today. If I am running three or more CNC mills in the...
22
22

Volunteers to new list needed
New SITREP: Once the reality of my recent lateral move sunk in, I decided to make lemonade out of the lemons. Putting all my free time to good use as I've ALWAYS done. To that end I've been working on...

2in black iron
what is the calculation i need to use to see how much weight Two pieces of 2in black iron with a 5ft span, with winch mounted close to one end, mounted in between two I beans can carry? Thanks
1
1

tinning steel
I am making a fuel tank for a reproduction Briggs and Stratton Motor wheel. I intend to use 2 1 lb Coleman propane bottles, with the bottoms cut off, tig welded together with a steel filler neck also...
10
10

dressing spring caliper tips
Does anybody have some old timer stories about how to grind and dress the tips of spring ID or OD calipers? Was there ever and sort of standard for this? The quality of newly made ones seems really,...
5
5

Cast iron kettles and stainless steel paddles
That and around 25 lbs of pinto beans are going to be my fate for Saturday .... because once again it's time for BEANFEST ! Every year around the end of October Mountain View Arkansas has Beanfest , a...
3
3