custom pieces

Before I start hacking on my LEGO pieces to make custom ones, does anyone know if LEGO makes an axle & a pin that are one width or slightly less. I
I am using to hold together two Technic half width pieces. I have looked through my pieces & don' see anything like this. I was thinking of trimming down the black axle & cutting the nub off of the gray short pin with the ridge.
What I need is hard to explain so if you need more clarification...
Bill
Bill F wrote:

I've never seen one of these. Most places use a 2 long axle with half each side.
--
Dean Earley ( snipped-for-privacy@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team