custom pieces

Before I start hacking on my LEGO pieces to make custom ones, does anyone know if LEGO makes an axle & a pin that are one width or slightly less. I I am using to hold together two Technic half width pieces. I have looked through my pieces & don' see anything like this. I was thinking of trimming down the black axle & cutting the nub off of the gray short pin with the ridge.

What I need is hard to explain so if you need more clarification...

Bill

Reply to
Bill F

I've never seen one of these. Most places use a 2 long axle with half each side.

Reply to
Dean Earley