240-110V Isolation Transformer(s) Free....

We are rebuilding some chargers for a customer, where the mains trannies are too low on voltage, so they will be scrapped.

They are going to be rebuilt as 3-phase and we have no immediate use for a big

240V 110V output transformer, so if anyone has a need for about 11kVA at 110V on an air-cooled bare transformer, give me a shout.

Dimensions are 360L X 310W X 260H input 0-210-220-230-240-250V by covered DIN rail terminals, output by flying cables. The frame allows mounting with the long side or the short side down.

There will be possibly 4 of these as we work our way through the job. Built

2002/2003 so almost new.

First come first served, collection only, they weigh about 70kg each.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

trannies are too

11kVA at 110V on

each.

Peter,

Is there any winding space left on the bobbin so additional windings could be overwound? I'm looking to make a >big< 240 - 400 autotransformer to drve my newly acquired water chiller via an inverter so with primary & secondary in series would need to overwind a further "40 volts worth" - probably only 20 turns or so. If so yes please.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes, it already has about 8 turns of 8mm diameter 'tail ends' wire to try and compensate for its original output deficiency. There's about 8mm window between the original winding outer and the core.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

windings

overwind

Yes please then Peter !

Any Luton / London drivers out there !!!!!! ???????

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

OK, will put your name on this one, will let the group know as the others come through the workshop.

We haven't anything your way at all, other than a collection from Waltham Abbey which is nearly as far for you as Luton :-((

Peter

Prepair Ltd

For some unaccountable reason, the word "barking" seems to cross my mind at this point... ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

First three are accounted for, one left.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

That maybe true but he's got company.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I think Upney

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Me please!!

Tim

Tim Leech

OK, last one gone.

We will advise when they are available for collection.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Well, there is that too ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Give over, there isn't that much electric in Warrington

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Ballast for a narrow boat?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

trannies are too

11kVA at 110V on

each.

Peter, (and Charles),

Very many thanks for the huge transformer that arrived today curtesy of the 'Flying Pings Transport Service' Very much appreciated and I must be careful not to drop it on my foot - I don't think even toetectors would protect against that vast lump of iron!

Regards,

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Glad it got there OK and Charles didn't have to brake suddenly :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

curtesy

I suspect that his acceleration leaving was dramatically better than that coming

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson