Lifting a Colchester Master 2500

What's the best way to lift a Master 2500 onto a low trailer. I was thinking of using 2 engine hoists with a RSJ between them. I'd suspend
straps from the RSJ down to the lathe. Does anybody know what the factory approved method is?

If it's anything like a Chipmaster then there's a hole through the bed near the headstock that you can put a (substantial) steel rod through. Sling it from there with a strap and it'll balance. Kind of... ;^)
Worked well for me and my engine hoist lifted it easily.
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are a Bridgeport, a CNC Taig Mill, a Colchester
writes

suspend
bed
through.
Colchester
The manual says to use a bed clamping plate - this has a vee way to sit on the bed, with a plain plate under the bed and a whacking great lifting screw eye holding them together. The 25 inch b/c weighs 1880 lbs and the 40 inch b/c weighs 1960 lbs.
AWEM
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:30:43 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Lifting the ML7 was easy, I used a fixed steady with the bronze fingers removed. Slid along to the balance point and clamped it made a very good lifting eye! I'm not sure that I'd want to try it with a much heavier lathe though.
Mark Rand RTFM