5th of November

For anyone who missed the TV airing of the re-enactment the video's on on youtube in 8 parts.
Awesome and well presented.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oDBXLjQcE&feature=related

None of this OTT American reporting that seems to be the norm on TV these days.
John S.
John S wrote:

Awesome!
Thanks for posting the link.

Q. What part did spoons play in The Gunpowder Plot?
A. Actually, none whatsoever. They just had knaves and Fawkes.
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:40:05 -0800 (PST), John S

Thanks for that John, a very interesting hour or so spent watching.
I must say however that it did seem an awful waste of a lot of money!
Richard

Richard, I don't think it was a total waste of money but more that we were not told all the details. They were able to calculate the force of the blast but had no way of knowing if it was correct. The experiment with just one keg proved that the blast was more than it was thought.
Then add to the fact that one tonne of black powder was brought into the country in secret and delivered to a government testing establishment points to the fact that it could well have been a joint effort by the BBC and the powers that be to provide useful information and a check on the software used to determine these blasts given the modern day terrorist connections.
It may have been that it wasn't the BBC who approached Whitehall but the other way round ? Whatever I thought it made an interesting program, well presented given the number of American shows that hang on every action as a life or death decision and repaet the whole explanation after every advert break given the average American viewer has an attention span equal to a goldfish with an IQ of 3 and two GCSE's
John S.