Demon Server

Those of you with Demon and are not getting access to Usenet posts etc.
Just spoke to Demon about this. The techy finally admitted that they
have had a problem with their news server for 1 1/2 months and that it will be some weeks before the problem is resolved. They are having a new server with a third party ?? but it is still not ready yet.
When I asked about a rebate for loss of service, I was told that when the service resumes to contact them regarding compensation as a large number of their customers have already asked this question.
Nice of them to let us know isn't it!
Regards.
On 5-Nov-2008, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Thanks for the update !
In the mean time I have been using news.motzarella.com for this group and find them OK (free) but that is only valid for non-binary groups. I personally find google groups a bit cumbersome,
Regards Brian
snipped-for-privacy@brian-james.demon.co.uk writes

It's now working again, but if you use Turnpike you may have to go to demon.net service announcements and follow the instructions to reset the news collection configuration.
Frankly, the fact that the service was down for about 3 weeks before they even told us about it (and if your ISP can't send you an e-mail automatically they're in the wrong business) and the numerous recent hitches on the e-mail servers makes me wonder if it's worth having an expensive business broadband connection with them.
David
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood wrote:

I used to use Demon when I first got on tinternet in 1996, and at the time they were by far the best ISP out there - I (personally) believe their superiority is long gone - I stopped using them in 2003
I've been using plusnet for about 6 years now (business use) - I don't recall ONE loss of any of the servers - I pay 33 quid for a 8mb connection with unlimited bandwidth (hosting is limited to 300Mb tho), which is a little expensive compared to others, but well worth it IMHO - I haven't bothered looking for alternatives, because I've never felt the need.
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

Yes, it's back up for me as well.

I agree that the service from Demon on this issue has been dire, has anyone made any progress on the refund front yet ?
--
Boo