Un-freaking-believable!

You may have seen this already...but for any who haven't... This is a 1/3 scale scratchbuilt ( DUH, what else would it be) Spitfire Mk. IX. I suddenly feel horribly inadequate!

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

hell, I can't even mask a straight line. "We're not worthy, we're not worthy..."

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

...I'm waiting to see the engine...

...this guy is still my hero:

Rufus

Come on - it's not like it's a Mustang or a Bf 109. ;-)

Pretty damn awesome.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

on 3/15/2009 10:10 PM (ET) Doug Wagner wrote the following:

That is one beautiful model, but......... what do you do with it?

Reply to
willshak

Too big for my display case...

Reply to
gunner44

a working Merlin / Griffon replica in future? makes my head hurt just thinking about such...

Reply to
OldSchool

Then take a look at this video:

:-) :-) :-)

I like that a lot.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

You had to go and do it didn't you ? Post a youtube link I mean...

There's another hour of my life I'll never get back...

Reply to
Tony Gartshore

The video is only 34 seconds. If I understood what you wrote correctly, you watched the video ca. 100 times?

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Nope, probably like I he watched the other small engine videos.........

Reply to
AM

Spock: "105.88235 times to be precise, Captain" ;-)

I suspect he means that once one checks out the first YouTube model video, those additional ones thumbnailed on the side of the screen can prove to be irresistible time consumers. After watching the Merlin video I'm now watching a series of real F4U videos thanks to the thumbnails. 15 minutes and counting now when I should be doing something else.

Speaking of - wouldn't the guy on the line be somewhat more useful if he had a fire extinguisher handy?

Nothing as grand as a 1/5 working model R-2800, but this walk around of a

1:1 is cool none the less.

Feeling the addiction yet? ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

NOW we're talkin'!

...sure would hate to get a finger caught in THAT...

Reply to
Rufus

build an altar and worship it? cargo cult anyone?

2 puns for ones!
Reply to
someone

And then moved on to some of the 'not so small' engine videos.. Followed=20 by some Merlin engined cars etc..

Tis the nature of the beast to suck you in..

--=20 Tony.

Reply to
Tony Gartshore

Sure is purty, but it doesn't sound like a Merlin ; (

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

...yeah, I noticed that myself...got to wondering just how "exact" a replica it is...

...this guy's Ferrari seems to actually sound like one -

...car actually running is toward the end.

Reply to
Rufus

I love it when he talks about the engine..."I had to build it myself...to get the right sound"

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

This clip is actually a chop-down from the whole story - I liked hearing him describe how he had to learn to work glass so he could make the headlight lenses and bulbs.

Reply to
Rufus

Really Amazing.

Reply to