Un-freaking-believable!

You may have seen this already...but for any who haven't...
This is a 1/3 scale scratchbuilt ( DUH, what else would it be) Spitfire Mk.
IX.
I suddenly feel horribly inadequate!

Doug
Reply to
Doug Wagner
...I'm waiting to see the engine...
...this guy is still my hero:
Rufus
Come on - it's not like it's a Mustang or a Bf 109. ;-)
Pretty damn awesome.
WmB
Reply to
WmB
on 3/15/2009 10:10 PM (ET) Doug Wagner wrote the following:
That is one beautiful model, but......... what do you do with it?
Reply to
willshak
You had to go and do it didn't you ? Post a youtube link I mean...
There's another hour of my life I'll never get back...
Reply to
Tony Gartshore
Spock: "105.88235 times to be precise, Captain" ;-)
I suspect he means that once one checks out the first YouTube model video, those additional ones thumbnailed on the side of the screen can prove to be irresistible time consumers. After watching the Merlin video I'm now watching a series of real F4U videos thanks to the thumbnails. 15 minutes and counting now when I should be doing something else.
Speaking of - wouldn't the guy on the line be somewhat more useful if he had a fire extinguisher handy?
Nothing as grand as a 1/5 working model R-2800, but this walk around of a 1:1 is cool none the less.

Feeling the addiction yet? ;-)
WmB
Reply to
WmB
And then moved on to some of the 'not so small' engine videos.. Followed=20 by some Merlin engined cars etc..
Tis the nature of the beast to suck you in..
--=20 Tony.
Reply to
Tony Gartshore
...yeah, I noticed that myself...got to wondering just how "exact" a replica it is...
...this guy's Ferrari seems to actually sound like one -
...car actually running is toward the end.
Reply to
Rufus
Doug
This clip is actually a chop-down from the whole story - I liked hearing him describe how he had to learn to work glass so he could make the headlight lenses and bulbs.
Reply to
Rufus

Site Timeline