Zvezda MiG 1.44 - Have you seen it?

Just saw on Hannants website that Zvezda finally released the 1/72 MiG

1.44 (aka MFI). Has anyone seen it? Is it good?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Yuri

Yuri,

I have just ordered mine from Hannants - I'll let you know as soon as it arrives......

I am interested to see how accurate I was with my scratchbuild of 5 years ago :- http://66.226.87.135/mig144.htm Ken

PS - I also have an Amodel Il-38 and An-26 on the way from Lindenhill!

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Have seen pics of the sprues on a forum board and the detail looks excellent.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Mig 1.44 MFI - NATO nickname is the FLATPACK... UK modellers will get the joke!

Chris

Ken, like to explain for the cuzzins 'cross the Pond?

Reply to
Chris Hughes

OK - The MiG 1.44 bears the Russian appellation of MFI - standing for Mnogofunctionalniy Frontovoy Istrebitel (which translates to - Multirole Frontal(Tactical) Fighter).

The intials MFI coincide with a UK-based furniture warehouse :-

Here you visit the showroom, select an item, then collect it as a self-assembly 'flatpack' !!!

NATO (or more accurately, the Air Standards Co-ordinating Committee that includes Australia, New Zealand etc) allocates names to Russian jet fighters beginning with the letter F and consisting of two syllables.

Therefore, the joke that Chris alludes to is to call the Russian MFI 'Flatpack' - after the flatpack furniture avaliable from MFI.

There - I think I have covered it all ??

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Yep!