9x20 lathe

Hi l have just bought a 9x20 lathe which as had the motor taken of and the wires disconnected and the mains lead taken of also the wiring diagram had been lost is there anybody who can help me with a new wiring diagram The lathe was bought from Chester in the UK the wires coming out of the motor are orange/red/white/brown and a earth, l have tried the 9x20 group but no help

Reply to
ken

have u tried Chester UK?

give them a ring, but i would say trace the wires from the elctric switch, as it will help to identify what wire goes where

dont have there number to hand, but there web site is

that 9x20 group, is that the usa yahoo group?

ken wrote:

Reply to
saber_wow

Good Afternoon

Just had one of my engineers look at a current version of the 920 Lathe, this is the current wiring;

depending on the age of the lathe, if capacitors are fitted on the motor then the wiring config is a s follows:

from rotary switch term 4 to W12 on motor term 12 to U1 on motor term 8 to V1 on motor term 10 to U2 on motor

if capacitors are not fitted to the motor - this is an older machine, where the capacitors where mounted in the headstock casting of the Lathe. If this is the case it might be easier to change the motor to one that is fitted with capacitiors.

With reference to the missing main cable, i would as you to phone us on

01244-531631, as you could be missing other cables - depending how the mains cable was removed

Regards

saber snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
gareth.r

Wow!

I'm not a Chester customer myself, but that sort of thing doesn't half help build a good impression!

Ed

snipped-for-privacy@chesteruk.net wrote:

Reply to
zedbert

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I have had some dealings with Chester in the past few weeks gaining help with rebuilding a 920 lathe I have had given.

I have to say that I have found the people I have dealt with excellent...

I have been most impressed with the service given and would like to record my thanks.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale