a real question this time ..

need a H.P./kW or two at 100,000 rpm. Any ideas?

thx,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Compressed air turbine?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Model jet engine?

Reply to
gareth

I had images of using a turbocharger and harnessing that but with air or exhaust it would need a fair bit of flow to develop the output required.

This does remind me of one of the more extreme Nick Mann creations seen here

. 1700 BDA turbo with a turbine providing the exhaust to spin the turbo.

Reply to
David Billington

I've clocked my home made air turbine driven engraving spindle at 70k rpm, not that the bearings are rated at that. It is a simple nozzle impinging on an aluminum gear wheel - exhaust (lubricated) air passes through the bearings. I'd expect that to be generating significant power albeit not a horspower.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Dyson?

Adrian Caspersz

that URL will need another 7 at the end to work....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Poor suckers for poor suckers?

Reply to
gareth

Poor suckers for rich suckers.

Regards wasbit

Reply to
wasbit

I guess that's the way to go.

Heh.

The only chap I know of who got something similar used a model jet engine (he builds them) with a separate power turbine to ... power another jet engine, in test mode.

I bought one (an earlier version) from eBay. It's precision-glued together to the fan, and can't be dismantled while remaining useful or needing precision reglueing - it needs the airflow to keep the motor cool - also it isn't anywhere near 2 HP.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother