ajustable reamers

Evening all, Question, would it be prudent of me to buy an ajustable reamer or a selection of fixed sizes ? ( Ive never used an ajustable one before) Best regards Pete.

Reply to
pete

It would certainly be prudent for you to realise that it's spelled "adjustable" reamer. Whether it would be prudent for you to buy any depends on what you want them for. For removing small amounts of material by hand from bores of non standard sizes they are ideal. For reaming multiple items to the same size on a machine tool they are not ideal.

The J&L own brand ones use the same blades as Taylor and Jones ones (the best) but at half the price. I commend them to you if you decide to go that route.

-- Dave Baker

Reply to
Dave Baker

Thanks Dave, I`ll go for the fixed sizes, Pete

Reply to
pete

Cocky basket!

It might be better if you were to look up the past tense of the verb 'to spell' prior to criticising others.

'Spelt' is the word you require.

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Home > Reference > Irregular Verbs > SpellIrregular Verb - To Spell

Meaning: To use the correct combination of letters for a word

Conjugation of 'To Spell' Base Form - Spell Past Simple - Spelt/Spelled Past Participle - Spelt/Spelled

3rd Person Singular - Spells Present Participle/Gerund - Spelling

-- Dave Baker

Reply to
Dave Baker

LOL This is "uk" rec.models.engineering isn't it? When did the yanks take over?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Strange site. They can't spell 'contributor' themselves I've never heard of 'clapt' as a past participle for clap, it's not in my dictionary. Sounds unpleasant to me!

Tim

Tim Leech

Mike Whittome wrote....

then Dave Baker (NoEmails) wrote:

Whoops! You both seem to have mis-spelt 'pedantic' ...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Do you mean "misspelt" ... ?

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

or even "misspelled"

OT - You should have a parcel in the post soon Peter.

Reply to
Peter Neill

Poor Pete.

He only wanted to know about reamers (as do I, being new to th 'sport') :)

Ro

-- elj221

----------------------------------------------------------------------- elj221c's Profile:

this thread:

elj221c

Well I new what he ment by the first question, isn't that wot matters ??

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid,aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia . Fncikug amzanig eh?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

What's another word for Thesaurus?

Personally, I prefer the standard type of reamer but there ar occasions when one needs a non standard size

-- DX-SF

----------------------------------------------------------------------- DX-SFX's Profile:

this thread:

DX-SFX

This is so weird. Believe it or not, you can read it :

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn 't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia :)-

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

And why is there only one monopolies and mergers commision?

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Why is abbreviation so long?

Reply to
Tom

And, seeing as we've started, why isn't phonics spelt fonix?

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Ah, where would we be without rhetorical questions ?

Reply to
Mark W

And, why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Why doesn't the word, "Palindrome" read the same backwards as forwards?

The old > Ah, where would we be without rhetorical questions ?

Reply to
Polymath