aluminium

If I ran water from an aluminium water wheel to a pond with fish in would there be a problem.

Reply to
Bill

The books I've read on ponds warn not to use aluminium where there are fish involved, apparently it's poisonous to them.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Would the fish not suffer potentially from Alzheimer's ? Oh .... they only have a memory span of 10 mins anyway so probably not a problem

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Kippers only have a 6 minute span, 3 minutes per side.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Surely aluminium kippers take longer, or need a higher temperature???

Now if I could only remember where my cooking for Alzheimer's was...

Joules

Reply to
Joules Beech

Hit those aluminum kipper with 83KW from my induction furnace and it'll take a lot less than 3 mins

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

--If the wheel isn't huge you could get it anodized..

Reply to
steamer

fish+aluminium toxicty as a search term in Google would have told you there is a problem in low pH. Try this if you want:-

"Aluminium is acutely toxic to fish in acid waters. The gill is the principal target organ and death is due to a combination of ionoregulatory, osmoregulatory and respiratory dysfunction. The toxic mechanism has hitherto received little direct consideration and is unknown. In this paper the mechanism of acute aluminium toxicity is approached from a chemical perspective."

Copper has antifungal props so might be a reasonable alternative (for the water wheel and fish, that is).

Reply to
Knows Nowt

Not having to do with fishes (beside eating them), I have heared that copper is the badest thing for fishes. But I might be wrong.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I don't suppose anybody knows what works on next doors dog? Apart from anti-freeze that is...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Mate of mines wife came in one day and said next doors dog has gone missing, this BTW was in Oxford. During the conversation she happened to say I wonder where it is. My mate piped up, Liverpool. What makes you think it's at Liverpool ? 'Cause I threw it in the lorry the other day when it wouldn't stop barking and dropped it off in Liverpool..........................

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Pruning shears?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Is he coming down my way anytime?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I see the BBC news, report increases in animal cruelty!!! perhaps a bark activated claymore would solve your problem...

Joules

Reply to
Joules Beech

Cut up Oxo cubes work OK.

You scatter a handfull over the fence when the night is dark and rainy. The dog will dig nearly to China to find the great smelling stuff down in the ground. Harmless to the dog, maybe even beneficial to get the execise, but the owners tend not to want to keep them...

I know guys that swear by a little laxative in a dog treat, placed where they will be found just prior to shutting down the houshold at night. A little rough on the dog, but not fatal unless overdone.

Then there are things done with electronics and high frequency sound...

Strictly secondhand knowledge being passed on here, mind. But you asked.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones