BT Yahoo mail problems ?

Anyone else having problems with the bt mail server mail.btinternet.com ?

Not been able to get it to respond all this evening (Sunday) either via webmail or Outlook.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yep, me too. It's been flaky for days, though.

Reply to
mauvecube

Email was down from lunch time but seems to be ok this morning.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Same for me (I didn't realise how much I would miss it until it wasn't there)- but I see the Yahoo finance website has also been getting worse and worse for months and today a lot of features don't work properly. This slow increase in failures begins to make me suspect that the problem is that Yahoo don't know what they are doing, rather than having suffered a single unlucky failure.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I couldn't get into my BT Yahoo account yesterday, but found I could get in via the Yahoo site -it just seemed to be the BTYahoo that wouldn't work.

regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Rita (SWMBO) has her email provided by Waitrose.com and she received an email explaining that East London had a major power blackout at 12.45pm on Sunday, and that some hosting centres had their power backup systems (both UPS and generators) fail, so that users lost their broadband and email feeds.

BT also had problems starting at 11am Saturday morning which continued into Sunday. That was related to a user and password authentication issue within BT's system.

Nice to have the information if nothing else.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Same here, but mine started working again about an hour ago.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Incidentally, for those using the Google groups interface exclusively there are some messages that aren't coming through on this. Agent shows several more posts on quite a few topics that aren't shown on the groups site.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill