BT Internet problems

Anybody else on BT having problems with web browsing? Started early this morning and currently I can't get into a number of sites.
I 'THINK' there service line is reporting that there is a problem, but I'd like confirmation as I can't convince myself that it's not the Belkin box this end :(
email and newsgroups seem to be fine so I don't think it's my end ;)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Could I suggest these "BT subscribers" newsgroups may be of help? bt.broadband.support bt.internet.users.broadband.technical bt.broadband.announce
Pete
PeterK wrote:

I could if I could see them ;) Looks like it's their end and affecting more than just website access. I've not been able to get to their on-line service reports only the 'telephone line' one and the news groups are just timing out without displaying messages. While this newsgroup is fine :)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

BT are having problems just now. We have a few of our customers who use BT reporting connection problems. Something about a worm in their network was mentioned.
Archie

Things seem better now.
Archie
Archie wrote:

Yep bounced back to life finally. Apparently on BUSINESS Broadband customers were affected :( Traffic *TO* MEDW did not seem to be affected for other users.
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Not here, it affected home as well. Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu
Prepair Ltd wrote:

Well they have not reported the fault existed until 10:45, but I was messed up when I tried to get in at 6AM. It would be nice if they were a little prompter admitting to problems, and perhaps actually closed the report with a note as to WHAT the problem was? Seems fine again now though.
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

My BT broadband at home and at work is ok.The recorded announcement on 0800 169 0199 is ok as well. Mark.

There was a problem earlier this morning, seemed to have cleared by about 10am.
We are on BT at home and at the factory.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Could it be a DNS problem? I've had similar issues with Demon on and off. Adding the IP address of a public DNS server (eg https://www.opendns.com/ ) to my router seems to have helped.
John Montrose wrote:

I'd tried that one earlier yesterday without success :( As I said - it would be nice to know WHAT the problem was but at least now everything is fine again ( and I can now see the BT newsgroups which just had the usual crap :( )
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

I'n not with BT but had a telephone call from them today asking if I was satisfied with my current provider. When I said I was the caller said that's fine our recent changes will not affect you then and rang off. I wondered what they were but now I think I know.