E.mail/AOL problems ??

Some members of these newsgroups may know that AOL are blocking mail sent from a Bt address, This is causing all sorts of problems especially to me as I have to send mail to members of

to inform them of any updates to the website, I have spoken to and E.mailed Bt support and still await news of when or even If it will be resolved, Anyone got any Ideas how I can send mails to AOL members without using BT ??

Reply to
Mike Dunning

Sorry I forgot to put (ot) at the beginning !!

Reply to
Mike Dunning

You could setup a mailing list. That should work. I use Yahoo!Groups which is usually fairly reliable - you'll be able to subscribe members yourself, and if you want, set it up so that only you can post.

for more details.

Alternatively, you need to find someone that offers an outgoing SMTP server to use. If you've got ADSL I might be able to help if you.

Ewan

Reply to
Ewan

You could try using Hotmail or Yahoo! mail.

Reply to
Da Man

Another soloution is to google for an email supplier that offers access to their smtp server such as

eat

Reply to
Ewan

I may be missing something here, but could you set up and use a Hotmail account? I have one 'just in case' the others fail to work!

I also have a free reserve email account with 'totalise.co.uk'.

David.

Reply to
David F.

I can thoroughly recommend Gradwell.com - their services are reliable and affordable. I'm in no way connected with the company, just a satisfied customer since June 2002. :o)

--

***
*** - updated 6 September Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

I've had this problem when using BCC but not when posting direct. It's not universal, though.

Reply to
Terry Harper

Hotmail accounts fill up with spam in no time at all. Then you get spam e-mails to your ISP mail box from Hotmail trying to sell you storage space so you can receive more spam. No thanks, Mr. Gates.

Reply to
MartinS

I have never had any spam to my (reserve) Hotmail account, in around a year. I was actually quite surprised about this, but it's true!

Luv'n'hugs,

Anna xx

Reply to
BICC Job 14

I used to get spam in my Hotmail account every couple of hours, but now I probably only get it once every couple of months.

--

***
*** - updated 6 September Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Yepp - Hotmail have cleaned-up their act lately regarding Spam!

David.

Reply to
David F.

I'm glad to hear that.