New Account..

I managed to get a relevant Email Address, ready for future use with my Green Arrow Website. It is:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Luckily another enthusiast hadn't beat me to it!

Things are working out OK, and the new Website should be complete and uploaded before Christmas.

I still have not found any images from some periods in the Engine's history yet. Especially when it was re-numbered in the 1946 Nationalisation / confusion!

Also, when it was first presented on 1/6/1936 with the original number of 637 and curved nameplates over the middle drivewheel! Do the pictures still exist?

Regards,

David.

Reply to
David F.

In message , David F. writes

I thought the 1946 renumbering was entirely a LNER affair. Nationalisation didn't happen until 1948.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Ahaaa!! So that's why there were 3 number changes within 3 years?! 4771 -> 700 -> 800 -> 60800. What a muddle they got into!

I still have a bit more research to do.

David.

Reply to
David F.