Aluminium round or tube-3/16

Morning All, I have been trying to source aluminium round and tube in 3/16 dia but most of the model metal suppliers are having problems with their
emails; I am looking for 24 feet in three feet lengths to have it posted to France. Any suggestions. Thanks, Darius Bartlett. France.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:43:53 -0700 (PDT), austartisan

Try aalco: http://www.aalco.co.uk
I've not used them for a few years, but they were OK when I did.
Richard
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:43:53 -0700 (PDT), austartisan

Darius,
Bonjour monsieur .. speak to College Engineering Supplies - snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk
I'm sure they can help.

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:43:53 -0700 (PDT), austartisan

    sorry..I missed off the URL :http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/college-engineering /

EBAY???

If a metric equivalanet will do the job, try:
http://www.tartaix.com / http://www.weber-france.com/2008/Accueil/weber-metaux.htm
Both situated in Paris, both (in my experience) expensive but reliable and quick

I just bought 4 metres of inch and a quarter round bar for 30 quid, cut to length for free, if you are buying full lengths or sheets then "pukka" suppliers such as Righton (http://www.righton.co.uk /) are often hard to beat.. though I usually stop by Plymouth Metals (http:// non-ferrous-metal-southwest.com/index.html) and dig through the offcuts and gash bins while I am there, makes fleabay and other "model engineering" non-ferrous metal suppliers prices look like everything is 22 carat gold plated.
6 metre lengths of 3/16 should leave you change from a tenner. Last week I bought a 3 metre offcut of 13mm round bar for 6 quid from Plymouth Metals.
austartisan wrote:

Any place that sells to the amateur aircraft builders. 3/16" is a fairly common diameter for hydraulic tubing used on airplanes.
If you are really stuck, and can afford to wait, try Aircraft Spruce and Specialty, in the US of A.
If you don't need certified stock, so much the cheaper.
Most metal suppliers and hobby metalwork suppliers still think a pocket calculator is pretty high tech. Use the web to find them, the phone to get what you need.
Cheers Trevor Jones