Thrust washer material?

I'm needing to make a new thrust washer for the rotor drive sprocket on an old Howard 300 rotovator, but I'm not sure what material it's made of.

Initially I thought it looked like copper, but after having to heat the bearing sleeve next to it, it now looks a more bronze colour. Photo -

are 1.9" od x 25mm id x 2.5mm thick (aprox.)

I only need one, as the other side has negligible wear.

Also, any suggestions for where to get suitable material?

thanks moray

Reply to
moray

Maybe phosphor bronze? If so, RS components do 2" od x 1" id tube but you'll need a mortgage as it's £65 + VAT for a 13" length

Their code is 682-028 but I guess there must be cheaper sources out there?

Reply to
Norman Billingham

I'll have a look later on to see whether I've got something near I could slice a piece off.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I have a bit of bronze 1.9" dia by 7/8" thick, available for a fiver plus postage.

Email is real,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Dimensions are 1.9" od x 25mm id x 2.5mm thick (aprox.)

Contact Chester Hudson - he probably has one !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Probably a bronze or Berylium Copper.

Measure the ID,OD, and aproxiamate thickness, and get in touch with a bearings supplier.

Chances are really good that it will cost you far less than making it will.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Nearest bronze I have is 1.8 OD x 0.9" ID. You would be welcome to a thin slice of that if you don't find anything better.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

You should be able to get a 25mm bore Oilite washer from BSL. Mark.

Reply to
mark

And I'll machine to size, if you give accurate sizes - will get two, maybe three out of the blank.

My bits-pile eats money - can't give it away for free!

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Duly contacted! Shall see what he has before I take up any of the other offers.

moray

Reply to
moray