Ammonia Dyeline Blueprinter

Does anyone use these anymore or have they totally gone out of fashion with CAD plotting and Bureaux service availability?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Wow, haven't seen one of these for a few years. When I first started work that was a job for the apprentice -we had a huge one that took up half a room.

Can you still get the paper for them? -the ammonia fumes used to be great for clearing your head if you had a cold.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Remembering the one we had at Warsop Power Tools in the 1960's, I'd be surprised if the HSE would allow them these days, the fumes and the chemicals were horrendous!

I don't think supplies would be that easy to come by, getting stuff for pen plotters is difficult enough.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I found one the other day that I forgot I had .

I put it in the mother-in-laws garage to store it for a month or two, but that was 12 years ago.Had to help her move some stuff at the weekend and there it was neatly tucked away on the back wall.

The reason I asked is that it is free to a good home if anybody wants to collect it from Ipswich. Supplies could be interesting though, but there must still be some out there. I used to buy mine from UDO but don't know if they are still around.

Peter, I have a source for plotter pens if I can dig the details out, it is a company down in Devon, but I can't rememebr the name.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Thanks for that, we have stocks for a while, been buying them from the USA where Pentel CXP pens were very popular. I think Pentel UK has cleared their stocks now, and they made them for OCE who dropped them five years or so ago.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

We found that the pentel roller ball pens worked well in the plotter. The life was quite limited, but they only cost pence each -and after we had used them in the plotter they still worked for normal use (just not if held absolutely vertical). It might be worth experimenting with various easily available cheap pens -we used the pentel ones as they fitted into the plotter adaptors with just a bit of masking tape around them.

Mind you, that was a few years ago -the A0 pen plotter was ten grands worth of kit and took about five minutes to plot an A4 drawing!!

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Peter I have 8 Pentel CPV25 ceramic tipped 0.25mm plotter pens for HP759x, 757x,

758x and 7550 plotters. 1 has been used and 7 are unopened; they're a few years old but the opened one works fine. If they're of any use to you, make me a reasonable offer or maybe swap for useful bit 'n pieces. Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Hi Martin:

Very many thanks for the offer, unfortunately we cannot use those in our plotter (OCE G1830) as the carousel only takes the original OCE pens or the Pentel CXP with adaptors, which is what we are on now.

Thanks for the thought,

Peter

Peter A Forbes