Approximate weight of ML7

Does anyone know the approximate weight of an ML7 lathe? I can't seem to find it listed on the Myford website.

I'd like to calibrate my impression of how difficult a piece of machinery is to move to its weight!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain

Without motor 165 lb. Cabinet 120 lb.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

As Tom has said. Alternatively, an ML7 is a reasonable lift with the motor removed and with Her Indoors lifting the tailstock end and the owner lifting the other end. Possibly heresy, but the Myford fixed steady makes a good approximation to an eyebolt for lifting with a crane or engine hoist (must be positioned at the point of balance, use the carriage for trimming). DAMHIKT

If there is no assistance available, strip it down. The tailstock, carriage, countershaft and headstock aren't all that difficult to strip off and will result in a collection of bits that are, individually, an easy lift for anyone without severe arthritis/back problems.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

According to my manual, 200 Lb. for the short bed lathe with motor. Net weight on the cabinet, 320 Lb.

For the long bed 320 Lb. and 375 Lb. respectively.

With quick change box, add 16 Lb.

With Tri Leva, add 11 Lb.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

In article , Steve R. wrote: [cut original question]

Thanks very much for this information; it's exactly what I was looking for,

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain

You are welcome!