Automatic air drills

I've acquired a pair of Desoutter AFD-21 autofeed air drills (air powered spindle, air powered rise & fall mechanism) on a ~2m wide bench rail as part of an auction lot. Ideal for someone building repetition drilling jigs but not something I'm likely to use.

Is anybody here interested or shall I try them on ebay ?

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

What speed are they please?

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

The AFD-21 is 4300 rpm. I've discovered the other one is a slightly bigger AFD-40, 3400 rpm. I haven't tried to run them but might be able to if necessary.

email me if you're interested.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Adrian,

Are they still available, if so what price are you looking for?

Regards,

Garth

-- DR_

----------------------------------------------------------------------- DR_G's Profile:

this thread:

DR_G

Still available (I haven't heard anything from you, Peter, so I assume they weren't useful .. but if you did want them, shout).

Don't have an idea about price, but if I keep the reusable bits (control gear and long metal rail) then very cheap. Make me a low offer before I find out a real price !

If rcgroups hides email addresses, try snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

If it's this Peter you mean, then have at it - I was looking for a fast one.

(a high speed drill, before anyone comments ...

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother