Bandsaw free to collector

Hi

I have a Clarke CBS45MC Bandsaw free to collector. The motor is not working but the rest of the saw is in good cond and I`ve just fitted new blade guide rolls. The saw would be ideal for spares or would make a good machine for anyone who can source or repair the motor. Collect from North Staffs

paul.morrey(AT)ntlworld.com

Reply to
Paul M

from Paul M

Hi Paul,

I could be interested.

I can only see a reference to the CBS45MD on Machine Mart's web site so I presume the 'C' is a previous model.

The important thing for me is it's physical size.

I have a single phase motor waiting for a use - not sure of the power without digging it out from under the bench though - I do know it is a

1425rpm unit, might this be suitable?

Whereabouts in 'North Staffs'? I'm in Atherstone - North Warwickshire.

JG

Reply to
JG

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have promised it to the first person who replied. I`m just waiting for confimation that he wants it for sure. Just in case not the motor details are:

1500 RPM 1/2 HP 240 V The shaft is 5/8 but it is also quite long at about 2 1/4 (two and a quarter). It its foot mounted onto a base plate. It looks very similar to the MD but it is the older model. Clarke say they no longer supply the MC motor but the MD may fit with some modding? The cost is about £65.00 for the MD motor. Will be in touch if not taken.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul M