Bargains

Ebay Member Profile: emimec

Summer clear out, maybe a bargain for one of you guys.

Reply to
Nospam

Looks like Frank`s dreaming again.

Reply to
mark

He's not, cos I'm not Frank.

I'm having a clear out due to new work and machinery. I was making a genuine offer of cheap bits and bobs that may be of use to someone. Lots of it is old stuff, but either usable or adaptable and could get someone "going" for little cost. An example of this is the Victoria vertical mill, on ebay at the scrap price of £25. Works ok, I just don't need it.The tool and cutter lapping machine could be adapted to grind lathe tools, the motor spindle is bent, but the basics are all there, a little ingenuity and hey presto !!(there is more to come, tooling, fly presses, Meddings bench drills etc) Bob

Reply to
Nospam

Frank Lee my dear I don't give a damn.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Should have known better on this newsgroup. I don't know why any one bothers with it. Try to do a favour........................Best I just scrap the rest

Reply to
Nospam

Then again, your link is where I sold the Centec vertical head !!!

Reply to
Nospam

. . . . and some fell on stoney ground !

JG

Reply to
JG

It's not that bad really LOL....

So you are into EMI-MEC's? Know anyone still running a Pye Ether machine? I still have an old control which was working, stored in the attic. Or should I just junk this old curio ;-)

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

I'm sorry, I don't know anyone who runs one of those machines. I wouldn't throw it though. Stick it on ebay. Despite eBay being what it is, I have met some great people through it, and have been able to help supply that "missing or broken" part which would otherwise have meant the scrapping of another old classic machine. An airline pilot was renovating a SouthBend lathe and couldn't get the parts he wanted, but I had. And that was despite "popping" in to some Southbend place in the USA when he could, another guy with a collection of new uni selectors for the pre Emi-Mec lathes. Those machines were better, faster, and more reliable.The uni selectors were like goldust to those who needed them. I've reduced the amount of EMI-MEC's in my life now, down to 3, something to do with terminal disappointment, or is that marriage? Bob

Reply to
Nospam

Well I've never met another person who had one either. Mine dates from

1969 and was fitted to a Feltham made Hardinge HCT. I still have the Lathe, but i converted it to CNC several years ago.

The Ether system was getting very flakey mainly due to the plumbing not being looked after by previous owners.

The control is a work of art though. Beautifully wired internally.

They have their uses, but I'm finding more of my work can be more easily done on the CNC's. Although I do run a manual capstan a lot.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon