Beam Stirling?

Greetings from Perth (the one in Western Oz)

I am new to this group, but not altogether new to model engineering, and I seek advice/recommendations.

My wife, bless her, wants to buy me a kit of castings/plans to build "one of those lovely little beam engines" for my upcoming 19th birthday (OK, 29th Feb, really 19 x 4)

I rather fancy the idea of a Stirling, to save having to fire up a boiler every time I want to run it. Also attracted to the idea of a solenoid engine.

Any suggestions?

JW² ===

Reply to
Jack Watson

Bill

Thank you Bill for your reply and for the Birthday wishes.

arceurotrade is a very interesting site. I have not yet decided - but it will probably be something along the lines of the HAE01 Gamma kit.

Thanks again.

Jack ===

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Jack Watson

In message , Jack Watson writes

Have you seen "Bailey's Vertical Hot Air Engine" in the Polly catalogue

Reply to
Mike H