Bean time...

Overheard recently: Gareth Evans gets on a train and sits down next to a man who has just taken a book out of a bag. Gareth says to the other, "Let's talk. I hear that the trip will go faster if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger." The other guy, who had just opened the book, closes it slowly, takes off his glasses and asks, "What would you like to discuss?" Gareth, ever the smartass, says, "Oh, I don't know; how about Horology?" The other guy says, "OK, that could make for some pretty interesting conversation. But let me ask you a question first: A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff, but the deer excretes pellets; the cow, big patties; and the horse, clumps of dried grass. Why is that?" Gareth, rather perplexed by this, says, "I don't know." The other guy says, "Oh? Well, then, do you really think you're qualified to discuss Horology when you don't know shit?"

Reply to
Tom