Bending metal

Hi all

I need to bend a piece of metal to give a finished dimension of 4.125 x 2.937 with a bend along the short side of 0.437

The metal in question is 0.125 thick steel any ideas?

All e-mail scanned by Norton anti Virus

Reply to
fastlad

Take it to a metal-basher and get it done properly. You're not going to do that very easily or accurately in a vice, and for the sake of a fiver or whatever it seems daft to struggle with it.

10g steel with a short side near the bend needs a decent bender, probably a hand folder won't do it, you'd need a power press bender. Have you anyone near you that does sheet metal work or fabrication?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I assumed that the length of the fold is just under 3" I imagine you could bend this in a mechanics vice if you leave it long and machine off the surplus afterwards but it depends what radius and finish you require.

ChrisR

Reply to
ChrisR

Bend it first then finish to your dimensions.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood