bike tyrevalve thread

Do anyone of you know what kind of thread it is on the outside stem of an old type tyre valve for bicycles? It looks like 7,6 mm diametre and 30 thread/inch Is it possible to get hold of a tap? Thank you for help Knut Bergen Norway

Reply to
knut.pedersen

Tracy Tools?

Reply to
Ryan Breai

It's probably .302"x32

Thread chasers are available at any cycle shop for Shraeder type valves.

Where you would get a tap is not so easy. Get someone with a lathe to make one is probably the cheapest answer.

-- Steve Blackmore

Reply to
Steve

Schrader made various tool-box solutions, I've got a couple in the box somewhere, like an inside/outside thread cleaner-upper, but it is only for the car size stuff, not for the old bike sizes.

Suggest you try and find an older bike shop that may be able to assist, I doubt that anything is available commercially now.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

If it's an 'old type' valve it's probably a Woods/Dunlop type, not a Schrader type. Unfortunately I can't help the OP with the thread because I can't find a reference to it... yet.

see:-

3/4 of the way down the page for pictures.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

It's a special to a Shraeder spec. There is a web page somewhere with the spec on it, nothing standard comes close.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Schrader (car and bike ) valves seem to be .305" (7.75mm) by 32 tpi :

Presta size measures 5.9mm by 0.8mm pitch on the only bike I've got.
Irrelevant but interesting:

Bill