Bridgeport Extra Bits?

Hi all,

Hope everyone had an excellent Christmas. Looking for a little advice as I'm putting together a Bridgeport and have a couple of bits over? and a bit missing, I think. I've spent hours going through the manual but can't solve these two little issues.

It is fitted with the older style mechanical X axis feed and I don't seem to be able to find the No7 woodruff key I think it should have on the handle, anyone know of a good place to buy them in small quantities or even a mixed selection?

I seem to have two short lengths of 8mm square bar 15mm long left in the box, anyone any idea where they might need to go (apart from in the dustbin)?

Any help would be much appreciated as I would hate to finish the job and then have to strip it all again. I've had plenty of practise at that already when I left out the sealing plates on the saddle!

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Hi Keith,

I've got a small selection of Woodruff keys but I'm not familiar with the size expressed as a single digit number. If you can let me know the dimensions, I can have a rummage for you and send one.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob, Hi

That would be great if you have one the size is 1/8"X3/4". If you do have one please let me know the costs and I'll send you the appropriate beer tokens. Is you e-mail address OK or do I have to change anything to let you know my address?

Thanks very much Bob very much appreciated.

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Not sure if you do have a lathe, but when needed, turn a bar to size, part off the correct thickness of slug and then cut this in half and after deburing with a file you get yourself a key!

Cheers

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

Hi Keith,

I do have one this size. It is past its first flush of youth and shows a little wear but you would be most welcome to it if it helps. My email addy is bobdotminchinatntlworlddotcom. No beer vouchers needed - undying gratitude will be fine - LOL.

Send me your postal address and I'll get the key in the post to you.

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob Hi,

Thanks very much, e-mail sent and of course "undying gratitude" fully assured. Beer (my treat) a must if we can get to an exhibition sometime.

Thanks again, best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk