BSP Taper threads

Looking for advice on suitability of a BSP fitting.
My need is to fit a 1" BSP male thread into a clearance hole is a
thin(ish) plate and fix it there with a nut either side of the plate One of these : https://www.oilybits.com/316-stainless-steel-street-elbow-45-degree-mf-150lb-bsp.html
My question is the Male threads are BSPT (not BSPP) Will a standard 1" BSP nut hold on a 1" BSP tapered thread.
I have no experience of Taper threads so unsure.
This does not have to be a water tight seal, I can use PTFE is required, my only concern is the physical fitting. (it's blowing low pressure air through fitting)
On 19/05/2020 09:28, rick wrote:

If you must stay with that fitting then it depends on how thick the plate is IMHO. Try screwing on a thin 1" nut as far as you can, insert male thread into plate and apply another nut. Sounds feasible to me but I may be wrong as it depends also on what is hanging off the female thread. Richard
On 19/05/2020 09:28, rick wrote:

Yes. It might be a bit loose it is fitted at the thinner end, but it will not come off.
Peter Fairbrother