Burgess and Record Bandsaws

I have a Burgess MkII bandsaw and a Record Bandsaw, both looking very similar and both behaving very similar in that whenever I try and use
them I spend my life putting the bl@@dy blade back on the pulleys.
The Burgess MkII has a washing machine motor driving it (complete with a fan blade spinning at one end!) so the HSE police won't like it. The Record bandsaw is "as built" and also has the second, higher speed pulley so it can be used for cutting wood if you so desire.
Anyway, the purpose of this message is that these two items are taking up space in my workshop and if anyone is in the Trowbridge area, or passing through, and wishes to part with a nominal sum, say 10, they can have the two of them!
Note - I will be in the Leicester area on the 6th April (at a Dog Show) if that's any more convenient for anybody.
Cheers
Peter
Peter, Yonks ago, I had similar problems with a Burgess Mk1 and this was converted to a Burgess Mark 2 by changing the plastic pulleys- to 2 speed ones. I suspect that the old pulleys are worn at the both the spindles and the 'crowns' I, too, gave mine away. On reflection, I regret it.
Hope that this helps you or the new owner.
Norman
ravensworth2674 wrote:

Hello Norman,
I have a bigger bandsaw that I can bolt a table on to. This does all I need. With the amount of frustration the Burgess and Record give me, I am sure that I won't regret it!
Cheers
Peter