Burnerd GripTru chuck jaws wanted.

I picked up a nearly new Grip-Tru chuck for my Myford at an auction sale a while back. Between the time I looked it over, and the time I bought it, it got separated from its outside jaws.

Longshot odds, but does anyone have an orphaned set around?

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Are they any different from the standard P-B 3-jaw chuck? You don't give the chuck size, that might help for non-Myford people. I got a set of jaws on Fleabay for a 4" griptru, just based on looking for the dimensions and being lucky. I did get a quote from Rotagrip for new jaws, which they had in stock, but it was way more than I could justify spending.

While on the subject, I'd really like to find some outside jaws for a

12" 6-jaw Griptru. Bit of a long shot, that one!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Yep - last time I asked, a single set of 3 jaws from Rotagrip was more than you would pay for a new TOS chuck with two sets of jaws.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Ask this lot.Bit cheaper than Pratts and miles cheaper than Rotagrip.

Also R.D.Barratt in Halifax. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Sorry! Was daydreaming a bit and skipped the pertinant info.

It is a 4", catalog # 1638-10130

Slot measurements (within a few thou) are .560" width widest, .325 width across the keys. Bottom of slot (nearest the scroll) is .215 high, while the keys are .185.

Scroll pitch measures 5 TPI.

Dunno if the standard PB chuck is same, don't have one to compare. Have had a few sets of jaws travel about, but the one set that I found that was a nice fit in the slots had a 6 tpi scroll. Not so good!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones