Using a surface grinder in existing workshop

Just installed a small surface grinder in my workshop, should I b

worried about my other machines ? ie dust from the wheel getting int them. I know I can cover them but what's the differance between surface grinder and a normal double ended grinder as far as this goes Been reading a few articles about the perils of a surface grinder i close proximity to other machines and am a little concerned. Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

Andrew Mawson

If you cannot run coolant, with it's own attendant issues, a ventilation blower to the outside or through a cheeseclothe filter will catch a lot of the crud tha the backstop will miss. Even something as straigtforward as a bathroom fan and a little ducting will cut way down on the abrasive dust issues.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Erecting a chunk of sheet metal on the left side of table to intercept the debris coming off of the wheel and work piece will help. Keeping your other machines on the right side of grinder would be advised.

Wes

Reply to
clutch