d1-3 collett chuck wanted and 330 boxford for sale

hi folks i need some advice
after scouring the webi need to find a d1-3 collett chuck
i got a quote from pratt burnard =A3800
nope
am i to assume it may be cheaper to buy a d1-3 backplate and drill it
for an off the shelf (cheap import )collett chuck .
is this acceptable practice
also my boxford 330 industrial lathe is up for sale reason being it
wont go in the workshop
and if it did i wont be able to move its 40"between centres and in
immaculate nearly new nick
im looking for an sts if anyone knows where there is one
thanks folks
mike
Reply to
mikemcd
hi folks i need some advice
after scouring the webi need to find a d1-3 collett chuck
i got a quote from pratt burnard £800
nope
am i to assume it may be cheaper to buy a d1-3 backplate and drill it for an off the shelf (cheap import )collett chuck .
is this acceptable practice
also my boxford 330 industrial lathe is up for sale reason being it wont go in the workshop and if it did i wont be able to move its 40"between centres and in immaculate nearly new nick
im looking for an sts if anyone knows where there is one
thanks folks
mike
Mike
I just spotted this Ebay item No160031076451 Looks like what you require. I have no connection with the seller. Good luck.
Steve
Reply to
Steve