Chippenham (Wilts) ME class

There may be a ME class starting in Chippenham if we can get enough people.
I think there are six enroled already and we need a few more for the course
to go ahead, but I don't know definite numbers.
I'm not too sure exactly what's involved as it's never been held there
before and I have not seen the workshop, but it will be a chance to play in
a well-equipped workshop with lathes, mills, drills etc.
When the course was held in Trowbridge there were shapers, bandsaws, brazing
hearths and so on too - some cnc mills, but mostly manual. In general you
brought your own metal to do your own project and they supplied the tools
and know-how - many of the people just got on with their own projects. There
were no structured lessons as such, but if you wanted eg an introduction to
lathe work or to be taught how to grind toolbits they could do that too.
It will be held on Tuesday nights 7-9 pm and will cost £86 for 10 weeks,
with discounts for the over-60's and probably the unemployed etc.
The course is code CEY042L Model Engineering and Basic Engineering Skills,
the college enrolment line is 01225 35 00 35 . The college is opposite
Chippenham train station, which is well-signposted if driving.
You will need to enrol by say next Tuesday, and the sooner the better - the
first class is on the 19th Sept. but they will decide whether the numbers
enrolled are sufficient sometime before then.
You can email me offlist, but I don't know a whole lot more.
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
In article , Peter Fairbrother writes
-bit too far for me :( Have been looking for one in (North) Norfolk, does anyone know of any?
Reply to
Chris Holford
In message , Peter Fairbrother writes
Tempting and I wish I could - but the round trip of 100 non-motorway miles pushes it out of range for me.
Reply to
Mike H